Billy Graham 1918-2018
Billy Graham, evangelist and counselor to many U.S. presidents has passed away today, February 21 2018. He has preached to over 200 million people in over 185 countries, and authored more than two dozen books. He was revered on both sides of the political spectrum, and has appeared on Gallup's list of most admired people every year since 1955.
His contributions to society and his accomplishments are too many to list, therefore we thought it best to remember him through some of his many inspirational quotes.
- "I've read the last page of the Bible, it's all going to turn out alright."
- "There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. The wrong comes when riches possess men."
- Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened."
- "Take one day at a time. Today, after all , is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
- "The only time my prayers are never answered is on the golf course."
- "Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign of strength."
- "Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has."
- "A real Christian is one who can give his parrot to the town gossip."
- "Mountaintops are for views and inspiration, but fruit is grown in the valley."
- "Quit beating yourself up. We all live under grace and do the best we can."